When you start a new restaurant you have to look at every possible way that you can think of to promote and advertise your new venture. Business cards are one excellent low-cost method of doing this and in this article we offer some tips on business card design for a restaurant business and we consider why this form of promotion is so important.
The Importance of Business Cards to a Restaurant
1) They allow you to casually get your message across to people that you meet on an everyday basis.
2) They are a marketing tool that enables restaurant owners to appear credible and professional when they meet people in both business and social situations. As well as offering polite details about who you are and what you do business cards can also be a kind of mobile advertisement that customers may refer to again and again, show to a taxi driver to direct them to your restaurant and even pass on to friends.
3) Business cards are something that you can hand a diner with their receipt after they have paid and attach to all written correspondence. Don’t hesitate to hand your patrons several cards if you have just opened your restaurant and ask them to spread the word if they were satisfied. Give plenty of personalized cards to employees to and they may proudly hand them around for you as well.
You will undoubtedly seek out a professional designer to put your cards together. Here are some things that you may wish to discuss with them.
1) What information should you display? At the basic level you should have names, job titles, contact details and address. You may also consider displaying a photograph, website information and even a small map if you are in a location that is not so obvious. Include your logo on the card and also some kind of slogan if necessary to make it clear as to exactly what kind of restaurant you have.
2) Don’t let the card get too cluttered. You want a card that gets your message across clearly without confusing people.
3) Colors and Shape. Depending on your theme and the market that you are targeting you may consider going with loud colors or an unconventional shape to grab attention.
4) Consider using both sides of the card if you really have a lot of information that you need to display such as a menu or a map.
5) Include some kind of special offer on the card to encourage people to take action and reserve a table as soon as they see it.
Take some time to consider how business cards will fit in with your restaurants marketing efforts. This method of promotion, when used correctly can be a highly effective way to advertise your restaurant on a budget.